FALL SPORTS UPDATE: Swimming, Cross-Country, Volleyball & Football
The 2020-2021 fall sports seasons are set to begin next week. The following are sport start dates:
SWIMMING (BOYS & GIRLS): Monday, August 24th
CROSS COUNTRY (BOYS & GIRLS): Monday, August 24th
VOLLEYBALL: Monday, August 24th (Tryouts), Tuesday, August 25th (Practice Begins)
FOOTBALL: Tuesday, September 8th
CCSMS scholars participating in a sport must have an updated athletic physical (after May 1, 2020). Physical forms can be found under the MORE tab/FORMS tab on this web page.
All Parent-Scholar Team Organizational meetings with the Athletic Director and Head Coach will be completed virtually, with links to meetings provided to the CCSMS school-community no later than Friday, August 21st.
As we approach a return to high school athletics, parents and scholars must keep a few things in mind:
- SCHSL “Return to Play” restrictions currently are in Phase 1.5 (small group setting & minimal equipment use).
- Scholars should plan to come to practice already dressed, with their own water bottle, towel, face covering, and hand sanitizer.
- Social distancing will be required at all times through the entirety of practice.
- Practices will begin with a very low-moderate physical exertion and progress slowly as conditioning level of scholar-athletes increases.
- If a scholar is feeling sick or showing signs of illness, they will not be permitted to practice and must quarantine for an established period of time before returning to practice. COVID symptom and temperature screenings will be completed before each practice.
In you have questions regarding fall sports, please contact the Athletic Director. More to follow …
GO RIPTIDE – BE GREAT!
Marc A. Klatt, M.A., CSCS, Athletic Director – Head Football Coach