The Riptide Athletic Department offers several athletic opportunities for all students 6th to 12th grade. We have grown from seven teams in 2008 to an estimated eighteen teams (18 teams and 1 club team) for the 2018-2019 school year.
We are a member of the South Carolina High School League and compete in Region IV-A which includes the following teams: Baptist Hill, Military Magnet, Low Country Leadership, Palmetto Scholars Academy, Royal Live Oak Charter, Bridges Prep, and St. John’s High School.
Fall Sports: (Estimated start date every year is August 1st) Includes: Varsity Football, Cross Country (Girls & Boys), Swimming (Girls & Boys), Volleyball ( Middle School, JV, and Varsity), and a Varsity Cheer Club for Football.
Winter Sports: (Estimated start date every year is November 1st) Includes: Varsity Basketball (Boys & Girls), JV Basketball (Boys & Girls), Middle School Basketball (Boys & Girls)
Spring Sports: (Estimated start date every year is February 1st) Includes: Varsity Baseball, Varsity Softball, Boys Soccer ( Middle Schools, JV, and Varsity), and Varsity Girls Soccer.
Riptide Athletic Accomplishments include:
- 17 Region Championships (4- Volleyball/ 4- Boys Soccer/ 4- Baseball/ 3- Cross Country/ 1- Boys Basketball/ 1- Girls Basketball)
- 4 1A Lower State Championships (3- Soccer/ 1- Volleyball
- 4 1A State Runner-up Awards (3- Soccer/ 1-Volleyball)
- 26 South Carolina All-1A State Player Selections
- 7 All Region Player of the Year Awards
- 75 All Region Player Selections
- 14 Region Coach of the Year Awards
- 29 State Playoff Appearances
- 4 Ranked State Swimmers who competed in State Championships
- 2 SCHSL Athletic Program Sportsmanship Awards
- 4 Region Athletic Director of the Year Awards
- 2 North/South All-Star Selections (Baseball 2016-2017/ Softball 2017-2018)
Any student hopeful of becoming a member of one of our Riptide teams MUST have an update physical (completed after April 1st of that school year) and a completed Parent Permission Form on File with the athletic department.
1002 King St
Charleston, SC 29403